Thursday, November 20, 2008

Completed Tutorial

I just now completed the Sun SPOT Quick Start Tutorial. The AirText demo was pretty cool, and if that's the new Hello World of the 21st century, then finally we're getting somewhere! ;-) If I had a digital camera I'd display my results here, but I don't.

The end of the tutorial suggests a few other demos to play with before continuing on. One is the BuiltInSensorsDemo, which is said to contain all of the Java import statements which you will need and it illustrates how to instantiate and use all of the sensors on the demo sensor board. Another suggestion is to look at the RadioStrength demo to learn more about using the radio.

It is also suggested to look in the /Demos/CodeSamples directory, which has a number of demonstration applications that each go into detail on a a single type of sensor or device.

Following that, I will dig around in the manuals per the final suggestion in the tutorial.

I've scoped out the Sun Spot World forum postings and there are a couple ideas there that I'm interested in participating in or otherwise extending. I will note those when I'm ready to dive into them after finishing the suggested material from the tutorial.

No comments:

Post a Comment